Sunday, October 12, 2008

4 weeks and a day....

and it only seems like 4 weeks. Not much change to the daily routine. No new tricks from the little stinker. I've been back at work for a couple of weeks now (hence the dropoff in these postings!). Matt is still having some issues with wanting to sleep all day and party all night, and Hope is still bearing the brunt of that problem. We've taken him to see Hope's coworkers at the American Cancer Society, my coworkers at the airport, Bebe's at UT Hospital, to Grandma's, and he's all ready to give the tour of Walmart.



Today we had a Maryville (aka Murvul) day! We had lunch with Hope's aunt and uncle, Barbara and Jim Leach, then spent some time in downtown Maryville, where the Foothills Fall Festival was taking place. They have concerts and games for 3 days, but we went for the craft displays they do on the (closed) downtown streets. Beautiful day for it, too. Then made Matt's first trip to the family farmhouse, home of my brother Ed and his family.



Chief Mitchell is retiring in 9 days!


My nephew Josh, with his (as mentioned in a previous post) son, Mason. Wow, he'd grown since Hope and I last saw him! (Mason, that is)


Ed had taken Meg up to the barnlot on an ATV with him. After we spent some time checking out a baby calf, they headed to the other side of the barn. When next we saw them, she'd commandeered her own ride! She had a blast, but I promise, it was at low speed! We'll have her in a helmet next time.



If you can't tell, those dark things behind us are cows. Matt was unimpressed.


I believe we'll keep both of 'em.



Now, Matt hasn't learned new tricks, but I'm trying. My first attempt at posting a short video, so don't expect Citizen Kane or anything.

No comments: