Monday, November 3, 2008

It happened again!

Matt, Hope and I were having dinner at Cracker Barrel (Meg was at a church youth dinner), and an old gentleman stops to admire the baby. After a moment of small talk, he asks if we were just babysitting. It was obvious to both Hope and I that he thought we were the grandparents. Do we look that old?!

On another note...as many of you already know, my mother was taken to the hospital Saturday night about 2:30 with breathing and heart problems. She called 911 herself. She is on a ventilator and feeding tube, and only occasionally conscious. They keep her sedated most of the time because of the tubes. We expect her to be in the hospital at least a week, and that may be optimistic. No feel for long term prognosis as of yet. I don't want to take over Matt's blog with this stuff, so if you would like updates on her, feel free to email me at hsmitchell@charter.net , or call me at home 865-777-4842 or cell 865-806-5691.

Might be a lull in new Matt posts until we get past the current crisis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NO!!! You don't look 'old!' That's ridiculous!! I have friends way older than Hope with little ones...it's just people who are "less than bright" is all I can say!!