Thursday, December 11, 2008

Under the category of "It's always something"...

So, Matt's had a little cough for a week or so. Last Saturday Hope gets concerned enough that she takes him to the doctor (Matt's group has Saturday hours). Doctor thinks Matt has bronchiovitis, wants him back on Monday to hear his chest again, see if there are any changes. So we take him back Monday, Doc listens, says he sounds better, probably just a mild case, call in if Matt gets fussy or irritable, off his food or runs a temperature. Tuesday evening Matt is fussy and irritable, off his food, and running a temperature of 102 something. Hope calls in, they say bring him into the emergency room at Children's Hospital (which we knew they would want). So Hope loads the little feller up, takes him in, and he's been at Children's ever since.





Sorry for the redeye, forgot to clean the pics up before I posted, too tired to go back and do it.

He had the bronchiovitis (not bronchitis), RSV (a nasty little thing), and a "touch" of pneumonia. They want to keep him as long as his oxygen level is down and he needs to be suctioned with more than a bulb. At least one of us has been with him at all times. Hope gets the night shift, I cover most of the day. That means I get Meg up and off to school, Hope gets her off the bus, etc. It's worked so far, but with his birth, the problems with my mother (who continues to improve) and this, my bosses are starting to sound a bit irked at the time I'm missing! I'm sure Hope's are not exactly thrilled, either.

Anyway, probably be there another day or two, hopefully home this weekend. I'll update when I get a chance.

No comments: