Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted something!

For those of you still interested in the goings on of Matthew and his family and friends, sorry for the delay. With my Mom's situation, Thanksgiving, and Coach Fulmer getting fired, I've just been a mess. Oh, and somewhere in there we got the baby baptized.
Let's see, where to start. I guess I'd better stick with chronological order. On the Sunday before Thanksgiving we had Matt's baptism. Took advantage of Hope's cousins (and their families) being in town (or at least East Tennessee), and had a great group of friends and other relatives at the church, as well. My brother in law Russ and his daughter, Amanda, came up from the Atlanta area Saturday and spent some time with my mom, which she really appreciated.

Anna Calhoun, on the right, is one of Matt's godparents, along with Brian and Stacy Patterson. That's Molly Calhoun gettin' up in Meg's face!
Father Cal and Taylor


Matt gets a little wet. Episcopalians don't usually go for that dunking stuff! Molly Calhoun looks on.


Matthew does his best Simba impression, with Father Cal playing the role of Rafiki. If you don't know the reference, ask a kid. Thanks to Chris Vinson for taking the pictures. Had some camera battery problems, but got the good stuff.
I had to work Thanksgiving, but went straight from work to the Leach's home at Laurel Valley. Dinner was awesome, and had a great time watching football and enjoying the view. I left after dinner to take a plate of food to my Mom. Later on Meg made a gingerbread house. Turned out pretty good, I thought.

The Friday after Thanksgiving, while rest of the world went shopping, we loaded up the crew to have lunch in Maryville with my sister, Kathy, and her family, who had come up from Atlanta (or was it Destin?). Had a great visit, and they enjoyed meeting Matt for the first time.

Kathy and Terry Holt, their daughter (and soon to be college graduate) Laura, and her boyfriend Nick. Hope says I should call him a fiance' (there's a ring), but I'm waiting on a date, guys.


After lunch with the Holts, we went back to Hillcrest North so Matt and Meg could spend some time with Grandma Mitchell. She's continuing to do better (compared to where she was a couple of weeks ago), and has walked some, but still a ways to go before we can get her home. Her dog Susie is getting along ok at my house, Captain has been very tolerant.
For the Kentucky football game we had the best picnic in a parking garage while it's cold, dark, and raining that I've ever had. Then we (Hope and I, and my brother Mark, who was in town to see Mom) went and sat in the cold and rain as the Vols beat Kentucky and sent Coach Fulmer off into the sunset. I'll reserve judgement on the new coach for about a year, but looks good, so far.
So, I hope ya'll understand how all the running around can cut down on my blogging time. Hope all ya'll had a great Thanksgiving. It's amazing to me how many blessings I do have in my life!

No comments: