Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Night!

Hope-
Let's just say I miss the hospital and the nurses! Believe it or not, the food was good and the service was great! I had become quickly spoiled with my nursing staff (I call them that because on most nights I was 1 of only 2 moms on the floor) taking Matt at night to help with my pumping and sleeping schedule. They would take him to the nurses station and care for him from about 10pm to 6am (right before the dayshift arrived).

Last night we were rocking and rolling until about 3am and then things went off course until about 8am. We will try to do better to keep him alert during his feedings, rather than letting him doze through that 3 am one. Hopefully tonight will be better!

Scott-
Yeah, it was a rough night for me, and I got a couple more hours sleep that Momma! We survived, though, with only minor complaints from Meg. I seem to remember a "can't you make him stop?" coming from her room around 4 am! We got her off on the school bus at 6:45, got Matt a bit more on schedule, a nap for us, and even a quick trip to Babies 'R Us for Mom, Dad, and baby before Meg got home at 3. Dad and Baby stayed in the car at the store.

Mark came through with pics, a sampling follows...


If we are the "Knoxville Mitchells", than this is the Maryville Mitchells. My brother Ed, his wife Kim, and their youngest son Jordan. Kim is up on her infant care-they have a fairly new grandson, Mason, thanks to older son Josh and his wife Tracy.

More elusive than most anything you can think of, a photo that has my brother Mark in it. He and his girlfriend Karen left Charlotte at the call that we were headed to the hospital, getting in around 11pm Saturday night. They were a big help in getting Grandma Mitchell to the hospital Sunday morning.

Mark's girlfriend, Karen Duganier



Grandma Mitchell. After 4 granddaughters, her first grandson. I included a second picture, below, because there is a near identical picture of her with Meg. Tried to find a copy to post, but haven't found it yet.


I include this picture from Sunday morning simply because Mark was so fascinated that I was wearing Hope's wedding ring on my pinky (you might have to click on the picture to see). She wasn't able to wear it for surgery, and her hand was still a bit swollen at this point even the next day. The wheelchair was for Grandma. We were waiting in the hospital atrium for a few minutes while Hope finished pumping.

No comments: