Saturday, September 13, 2008

It's A Boy!

Ok, maybe I should have uploaded these pictures backwards, so that they would be chronological. It's 10pm, it's been a long day, so this is what you get! Matthew Scott Mitchell was born at 6:32 pm Saturday evening at Baptist West Hospital. He is 7 lbs 12 oz, 19 3/4 inches long, Mom and baby are doing fine. To hear the tale in chronological order, skip down to the begining of this post and come back up!
Meg holds her baby brother for the first time. She cried "happy tears". So did I.

Little cut on the cheek. I accused the doc of cutting too deep. Probably a self inflicted fingernail cut, though.


And there he is, pretty dang unhappy. I've edited the pictures to keep them G rated!



Me in my finest, in a photo taken by the Doctor who would minutes later deliver my child. No, not the shirt I wore to the game!




Dr. Steve McLees watches the Georgia-South Carolina game instead of taking care of my wife. Ok, so he might have been waiting for the spinal to kick in.





Cal, Hope, and Anna






Father Cal preparing to say a prayer for Hope and Matt

Hope, Meg, and I went to the Tennessee-UAB football game this afternoon. For those of you going "what was she doing going to a football game in her condition", the doctor had seen her Friday, said no problem. Hope was delivered to the stadium area, had an elevator pass, and left at halftime. Which, it turns out, was a good thing. She had been home (her Mom Betsy came and got Hope and Meg) for just a little while when her water broke. Luckily I had left the game earlier than I usually do, and was within a mile of home when she called me. We had some house cleaning to do, and we both took showers (man, it was hot at the game!). Meanwhile Hope's Mom came to help with Meg, and Father Cal Calhoun and his wife Anna came to the house at our request to say a quick prayer. Then off to the hospital. Had been scheduled for UT Hospital next Tuesday, but the doctor that Hope loves was on call at Baptist West, and that's closer to the house, anyway, so there we went!




3 comments:

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for all of you! I'm glad everyone is doing well! ~ Amanda Killebrew

Kathy Humphries said...

He is beautiful. I am glad that everything went well (and Hope got to go the game). We will keep thinking of you!